A passionate, soulful and inspired performance of Jewish sacred music arranged for the Middle Eastern Lute known as the oud. Contemplative, meditative and deeply moving, this recording showcases the various expressive sounds of the oud, an ancient biblical instrument that was used to inspire the Hebrew prophets and many Near East poets.
Yuval Ron is an award-winning composer, record producer, touring and performance artist, peace activist, author and educator, who began playing the oud with the Bedouin tribes in the Sinai desert. Later on, he worked with Turkish, Iraqi-Israeli, Palestinian and Armenian master-musicians. His style of playing is also influenced by Gypsy-Flamenco, Andalusian, Blues and Jazz music.
Available on Vinyl, Cd and Digital
- Ken Bakodesh – Traditional East-European Jewish
- Halelu – Traditional Sufi-Qawwali/ Jewish-American
- Avinu Malkeinu – Traditional East-European Jewish
- Adon Haselichot – Traditional Iraqi-Jewish
- Hatikva – Traditional East-European
- Yonat Rechokim – Traditional Iraqi-Jewish*
- Ya Ribon Olam – Traditional Iraqi-Jewish
All tracks arranged and performed by Yuval Ron
Recorded in University Synagogue Sanctuary, Brentwood, CA. September 2020.
Special thanks to cantor Kerith Spencer-Shapiro and University Synagogue Congregation for hosting this solo oud meditation recital of sacred Jewish music for Yom Kippur services 2020.
Cover photo by Carolyne Aycaguer
Cover design by: Stacey Stanley for NotePad
© (P) Yuval Ron Music (ASCAP)
YRM Records 018